Difficult to make a choice for your new Inverter Air Conditioner? We wrote this Special Inverter Air Conditioner Buying Guide to help you, with the TOP10 of the best sales of the moment, tests, opinions… As in all our buying guides, we have done our best to help you choose the best Inverter Air Conditioner!
Our selection of inverter air conditioners
Inverter air conditioner buying guide
The Inverter air conditioner definitely ranked in the range of devices with exceptional energy performance. This distinction, the device owes it in particular to the innovative technology which characterizes it and which immediately makes it a sure ally of interior comfort. If you plan to acquire the best inverter air conditioner, this buying guide will provide you with the necessary elements to compare several models, and to validate or invalidate tests of use of the device.
What is Inverter Technology?
Credit for creating Inverter technology goes to the Japanese. Still very little known a few years ago in Europe, it quickly won over thanks to several details that differentiate it from conventional air conditioning technology.
In principle, the Inverter is opposed to TOR or "All or Nothing" conventional systems. An ordinary air conditioner is, in fact, characterized by intermittent on / off cycles, during which the unit starts at 100% and stops once it reaches the desired temperature.
Conversely, an Inverter model presents a completely different operating system characterized by:
- The start at 0% instead of 100%;
- The maintaining a temperature equilibrium point thanks to the presence of the compressor;
- Theadaptation to room temperature ;
- Theno restart once the desired temperature has been reached.
What are the advantages of Inverter technology?
Thanks to the way it works, Inverter technology has many advantages for you as the user and for the device. You thus benefit from:
- the limitation of energy expenditure the air conditioner;
- the elimination of the feeling of cold draft thanks to the variable speed;
- The extending the life of the air conditioner thanks to the one-time start.
Inverter technology may be the main argument for buying a Inverter air conditioner, she is not the only one. There are other criteria for choosing the better Inverter air conditioner.
What are the criteria for choosing an inverter air conditioner?
To choose your Inverter air conditioner, you must take into account several criteria. It is on the basis of these criteria that you can make an informed comparison of the different models found on the market, and, if possible, test the most interesting models. Among other criteria, there are:
- Compressor technology.
- Engine power.
- The installation mode.
- The level of noise pollution.
You now know: all the technology of the Inverter is in its compressor. Keep in mind that there are two types of compressors for Inverter air conditioner :
- The reciprocating compressor, which is usually coupled with a three-phase motor which shines with its simplicity and durability. It is characterized by its ability to control the speed variations of the frequency of direct current.
- The DC compressor, which is rather recommended for the reliability of its motor and the substantial savings it allows you to make on electricity consumption. It is for these characteristics that it is the type of compressor most used today.
The choice of motor power depends mainly on the size of the room in which you want to install your air conditioner. The larger the room, the more powerful the air conditioner should be. This therefore follows the same principle as that used for other types of air conditioner.
- For large rooms of a area of ??more than 25 m², choose models with a power of 6,000 to 7,000 Watts.
- For medium rooms of a area between 15 and 25m², opt for Inverter air conditioners with a power between 4,500 and 5,500 watts.
- For small parts of a area of ??10m², a power of 2,000 to 3,000 Watts will be more than enough.
In any case, consider that you need a average between 100 and 130 Watts per m². Apart from the area of ??the room, one should not neglect the height of the ceiling. This should be approximately 2.50 m.
The installation method of the inverter air conditioner
This is a criterion that generally escapes many future buyers of air conditioners. However, the installation method is one of the criteria for purchasing your device. In this matter, you can rely on known classic systems.
The stationary air conditioners integrate two installation systems:
- Fixed wall models
- Fixed models that can be installed on the ground
It all depends on the configuration of the room and that of the device. By the way, you find, in fact, monosplit models and models with two indoor units.
If, on the other hand, you intend your device for several rooms, it is a mobile air conditioner you need.
Inverter or not, an air conditioner can be more or less noisy depending on its configuration. One-piece models are known to be the loudest because all of their components are combined into one unit.
If noise pollution is an important criterion for you, opt instead for multisplit models, still known to have two units. It is this configuration that makes them less noisy, because the units are installed separately, one outside and the other inside. It takes an average of 25 to 30 dB for the indoor unit and 40 to 45 dB for the outdoor unit.
Last update : : 2021-04-20 02:33:41